The only game Nintendo confirmed for today’s Nintendo Direct is Mario Tennis Aces. The release date and three unannounced characters for Mario Tennis Aces were leaked earlier , but expect even more information on that title as well as several others. Fans should anticipate updates on already announced Switch games like No More Heroes, Donkey Kong and more.
The Nintendo Direct’s runtime is only 30 minutes, so a slew of announcements and updates will come at you fast. To help, we’ve compiled a rundown of everything that Nintendo revealed on March 8:
Note: The announcements are occurring live. We’ll update frequently as information becomes available.
- There are 300 microgames to enjoy, making it the biggest title in the series. WarioWare Gold will launch Aug. 3.
Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers
- Action, tower-defense game for your Mii character. Your friend’s Mii characters can join your team as gunners.
- The demo will be available May 10 with the full game coming May 24.
Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story
- Switch between Bowser and Mario & Luigi in this action-RPG. A new Bowser Jr. story tells the tale through his eyes.
- Will launch in 2019.
- The game is available for pre-purchase now. Available March 23 alongside the Detective Pikachu amiibo.
Luigi’s Mansion 3DS Port
- The classic Nintendo Gamecube game has been remade for the 3DS.
- The mansion’s map will be displayed on the bottom screen. There’s also a boss rush mode.
- Will launch in 2018.
Kirby Star Allies
- Release date is Summer 2018
- Two new characters are introduced. Tressa the merchant can get items from people.
- Alfyn, the apothecary, looks to heal those who are suffering. He can get information from people others can’t.
- Jobs in battle can be equipped specifically for fights. You can equip the dancer job with the merchant, Tressa to expand your battle prowess.
- July 13 is the release date.
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Each game has a boss at the end. You can play co-op with the Joy Con to partner with the infamous Bad Man.
Dark Souls: Remastered + Amiibo
- A network test will come soon to give players a taste of the game.
- The Solaire of Asotra amiibo will give you the “Praise the Sun” gesture.
- Release date for both is May 25.
Mario Tennis Aces
- Peach, Daisy, Boo, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Chomp, Yoshii, Rosalina, Toadette, Toad are confirmed.
- The zone shot lets you pinpoint the spot you want to hit the ball using the motion control.
- If your racket takes three hits your racket breaks, you automatically lose.
- You can block this pinpoint shot to protect your racket.
- Zone speed allows you chase down a ball by slowing down time around you.
- Can’t spam zone speed and zone shot, you can only initiate these moves by using your energy gague. It fills up the longer a rally goes.
- The trick shot lets you fill up your gauge faster, but it’s tricky to use. If you successfully use it, your gague will rise.
- The special shot will eat up your energy but it can destroy your opponents racket in one hit. It can be blocked so be careful.
- Simple rules can also be used to play a classic game of Mario Tennis without Zone shots, trick shots or special shots.
- You can use the joy-con as a tennis rocket using the motion control.
- Online tournaments will reward players with clothes and even new characters. Koopa Troopa was in a silhouette.
- June 22 is the release date.
- A pre-launch tournament will allow for players to try it out before the game’s release at a later date.
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Some Super Mario Odyssey levels are added to this version like New Donk City.
- Sharing the joy-cons, local co-op can play.
- A 3DS version is also coming
- Release date is July 13.
- A trailer was shown but no release date was given.
Crash Bandicoot N’sane Trilogy
- All three Crash Bandicoot games come to the Switch.
- Release date is July 10.
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
- Complete edition comes with two separate stories.
- All past DLC will be included in this version
- Tap the Pac-Man amiibo figure to get an exclusive outfit
- Release date is May 18
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- All past DLC will be available for purchase or in a season pass.
- Release date is April 24 along with the first two DLC.
- The third DLC will be available later this year.
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Splatoon 2 Version 3.0
- Coming late April.
- 100 new pieces of gear.
- Three new stages.
- Rank X is coming and is a rank higher than Rank S+
- The Octo Expansion is coming as paid DLC.
- You’ll play as Agent 8 who looks like an Octoling.
- There are eight test facilities to explore.
- New stories shed light on characters. Finish this expansion and you’ll be able to become an Octoling in online matches.
- Releases Summer 2018 for $19.99
Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Switch
- The Inklings are confirmed part of the game
- Releases in 2018.